A department has been given a new area of responsibility that required additional knowledge and skills.
The following steps were taken.
- Discussions were held with HR, supervisors, and department staff, and a brief job analysis was conducted.
- Narrowed down specific learning topics where there was a current need:
- Correspondences between obsolete and current material designations.
- Specific spreadsheet functions across different worksheets.
- Material lists and worksheets from daily work that were suitable for exemplary processing were used as learning tasks.
These learning tasks were worked on in small groups, alternating between technical input, exemplary individual work and intermediate stops with comparison of the learning results, and finally a reflection on the learning process.